Off the top of your head, right now, what ten ships would you likely drop what you're doing to read fic for? Or, alternately, what are the top ten ships that you'll give a fic a chance for, or that you've been dying to write, or that you've been dying to read... These can be new loves, old flames, or something in between. Explain if you like, but you don't have to. Then tell us 3 things these ships say about you. Leave a comment about what you think these ships say about me, then repeat in your own LJ.
Well, I'm not sure I can think of ten, but I'll give it a shot here. This is a mixture of ships I'd drop everything to read, ships I'd love to read, and ships I'd love to write. However, I don't write in half these fandoms, I'm not much for smut, and most of my flist doesn't write in these fandoms either. And honestly I don't care enough to seek these fics out because of the absolute dreck you have to wade through in order to get to the good stuff.
1. Jayne/Zoe. Because they are so clearly wrong and yet so clearly right for each other. Plus it would make Mal's head explode, which is always funny.
2. Spike/Fred. I love this character dynamic, and I'd love to see Spike with a woman who loves him for who he is rather than for what he can do for her.
3. Spike/Illyria. Two outsiders looking in. Spike won't ever be accepted by the group because Angel won't let that happen, and, well, Illyria killed Fred. Does this contradict the Spike/Fred above? Probably. Do I care? Not a lick.
4. Wes/Lilah. *snuggles them* Another case of "clearly wrong and clearly right."
5. House/Cuddy. She gives snark for snark and won't let him get away with his crap, and I think she'd be good for him. Whether he'd be good for her, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother ball of wax. Which just makes it that much more interesting.
6. Larry/Megan. On "Numb3rs." Because nerds and geeks deserve loving too, and they're adorable together.
7. Booth/Brennan. I'm not really "in" the "Bones" fandom at all, but I'm sure this is probably the conventional 'ship on the show. It took me awhile to get on board it, but the characters have settled into a very nice relationship that I'd like to see turn into something more.
8. Chloe/Edgar. Does anyone write this? Because, awww. Again, "24" isn't a fandom I'm heavily involved with other than obsessively watching the show every Monday night. Surely someone writes this...
9. Danny/the chick from Montana whose name I can never remember. Because they're so different and so alike. The country mouse and the city mouse, but they see the world the same way and it's a beautiful thing. That's "CSI:NY" in case anyone's wondering.
10. Annnnd...I can't think of a tenth one. Sorry.
Three things these say about me:
1. I'm aggressively heterosexual. But I think everyone knew that.
2. I like "schmoop" and "wrong" about equally.
3. Canon? We don't NEED no steenking canon! At least for the most part.
In other news, I've actually written a couple of lines for my CYA fic, which is due in a week. Guess I'd better really get crackin' on that. Do I have any idea at all where it's going? Nope...