Wow, St Louis is a cool place. We hit:
- the Aircraft Restoration Museum (a hidden gem). Personal two-hour tour. WAY cool for vintage airplane buffs.
- the St Louis Zoo. Where, as previously mentioned, all the animals looked freshly groomed. Anteaters! Hyenas! Red River Hogs! Penguins and Puffins and Bears, oh my! And bugs and butterflies too. Which brings us to...
- the Butterfly House. Dude. Just...dude. I've been in lots of butterfly houses. This one was, by far, the best. The butterflies were active, the temperature tropical, and the photo ops magnificent. Next time we go, I'm wearing shorts.
- the City Museum. Which isn't really a "museum," per se. It's like someone said "Screw the liability, let's build the world's biggest jungle gym." And then they did it. Slides, climb-y things, caves, a ball pit with playground-sized balls. Indoors and outdoors. Absolutely wonderful.
- the St. Louis Arch. An engineering marvel. Nuff said.
- SPAMALOT!!! Oh my biggest freaking heck. It was absolutely FABULOUS. Seriously, if you get a chance to go, DOOO EEET. And, and, and...there's MERCHANDISE. I am now the proud owner of a Scary Rabbit with Big Pointy Teeth, in plush. And he's built around a clamp sort of thing. So his mouth opens. It's the COOLEST THING EVAR OMG. So, natch, I took some pix and made an icon:
We also had a lovely visit with the Hubby's sister, who has gone through a lot of absolute SHIT in the last couple of years and is now doing really really well, thus thumbing her nose at all the idiots who said mean things about her.
Okay, yeah. I want to go back in the late spring when the weather's a bit better. It was all right, but could have been warmer. And the plane flew quite well. Can't wait to do it again.
And now I need a vacation so I can recover from my vacation...